Rules on determination and collection of the Studentenwerk contributions from 24/06/2019 (Studentenwerksbeitragsordnung - StWBeitrO)
On the basis of § 70 para. 1, sentences 2 and 3 of the Lower Saxony Higher Education Act (NHG) in the version of 26/02/2007, last amended by article 1 of the law of 15/12/2015, the Board of Trustees of the Studentenwerk Göttingen decided:
The amount of contributions to be paid by the students of the Georg-August-Universität and the universities in Göttingen amounts to 77,00 Euro for the winter semester 2019/2020,
97,00 EURO as of the summer semester 2020,
102,00 EURO as of summer semester 2021
and 107,00 EURO as of summer semester 2022.
(1) Matriculated students are required to pay contributions. Students on leave who are unable to use the services of the Studentenwerk during the entire semester due to leave of absence, will be exempted from paying the semester fee upon request. The universities decide on the request in agreement with the Studentenwerk.
(2) Students who are enrolled at several universities in Lower Saxony subject to the responsibility of two Studentenwerke, have to pay half the contribution to each Studentenwerk.
(3) Students who are enrolled at another university under a double-doctoral agreement will be exempted from paying semester fees upon request, if they are predominantly at the other university. Students who are enrolled on the basis of a cooperation agreement at the University of Göttingen and another university are exempted upon request to the extent of the payment of contributions, in which also the University of Göttingen according to the cooperation agreement waives on the collection of contribution. The Studentenwerk decides on the request in agreement with the universities.
(1) The contributions are due at enrolment or confirmation and are collected by the universities for the Studentenwerk.
(2) The contributions cannot be deferred or written off. In the case of ex-matriculation, contributions have to be refunded if the application for ex-matriculation is submitted by the start of lectures.
(3) The right to reimbursement lapses if it is not asserted in writing by the end of the semester for which the contribution was paid.
The present regulations of the Studentenwerk Göttingen regarding the determination and collection of the Studentenwerk contributions replaces the Studentenwerk contribution regulations of 1 July 2016 as of 1 July 2019.
Board of Trustees of the Studentenwerk Göttingen
24 June 2019