The Studentenwerk has already set up an aid fund in summer semester of 2023 for students who find themselves in financial hardship due to rising energy prices. This was possible thanks to the emergency aid from the state of Lower Saxony for the Studentenwerke, which was decided at the end of 2022.
We would also like to provide this help in the winter semester 2023/2024.
If you meet the following requirements, you can apply to us for an energy cost assistance:
- Your financial hardship was triggered by increased energy costs.
- You are enrolled at one of the universities in Göttingen and you have your residence in Germany.
- You do not live with your parents or in a dormitory of the Studentenwerk.
- Your monthly income is less than 1000 Euros (income includes any inflow in the form of money or material assets (e.g. income from part-time jobs, child benefit, support from parents (also in the form of paying rent, etc.), blocked accounts).
- You do not receive BAföG or housing allowance.
- Attention! Even if you have already submitted an application in Summer Semester 2023 you can take advantage of our energy cost subsidy!
The following documents are to be submitted:
- complete application with signature
- Certificate of enrollment WiSe 2023
- Copy of identity card or passport + registration certificate or residence permit + registration certificate
- Bank statements for the last two months
The energy cost allowance is a one-time fee of 300 euros.
Applications can be submitted by mail to energiekostenbeihilfe(at)studentenwerk-goettingen.de.
Attention: for reasons of data security, we cannot receive Word or Excel files. PDF files and image files are possible.
Start: October 10, 2023.
Please note that our emergency fund resources are limited. Once these have been used up, no further assistance can be requested.
Here you can find: Hinweise zum Datenschutz § 13 DSGVO.