Living in the dormitories of the Studentenwerk Göttingen
There are different rules for living in the dormitories of the Studentenwerk Göttingen, which we would like to inform you about before applying online. In addition to the general rental conditions, you can download our occupancy regulations and the user rules for internet use in our dormitories.
General rental conditions
The General Terms and Conditions of Rental of the Studentenwerk Göttingen (as of 15/12/2017) apply to the residents of our student dormitories.
The rental of dormitory rooms of the Studentenwerk Göttingen is based on occupancy regulations for dormitories/residential properties. This was decided by the Board of the Studentenwerk Göttingen and has been valid since 01/10/2005.
User Regulation for internet use
In cooperation with the University of Göttingen, we provide the connection to the Internet via the so-called dormitory network in the dormitories. Participation in the dormitory network begins with the move-in. The use of the Internet is based on a user regulation (as of 16/02/2015).
You want to apply for a dormitory room at Studentenwerk Göttingen? To do this, you fill out an application form online and then send it to us. The link to the online application can be found below.
Notes to the online application
Please read the following notes to the online application carefully. They should make it easier for you to complete the application form.
- We accept your online application at any time, meaning that we require your admission letter or enrolment certificate not until you move in.
- The earlier you submit the application, the greater your chances of getting the housing you desire.
- Your online application is not binding, double applications are always deleted.
- Exchange students, families and residents of the dormitories of the Studentenwerk Göttingen cannot apply online.
- Are there reasons for preferential acceptance (severe disability, severe illness, etc.)? Then please read the FAQ "How do I apply for preferential acceptance in a dorm?" before you apply.
- Only one complete group can apply for a group flat. Information on this can be found in the FAQ under "How to apply for a group flat?".
- Detailed information about the dormitories can be found on the page "Our dormitories". Please note the information about waiting times.
- Please read the FAQ on housing before completing the online application.
Please complete the application form. Following receipt of the application, you will receive a confirmation email from us.
- Please check the information contained in the e-mail for correctness and
- confirm your application via the confirmation link contained in the e-mail.
Only after receiving your confirmation, we put you on the desired waiting list.
Due to the demand, unfortunately we cannot offer accommodation to every student. Please inform yourself in good time about further housing possibilities in Göttingen.