The social support of students is one of the central tasks of the Studentenwerk Göttingen. Our social service is a contact point for students in all phases of their studies. We counsel and assist in difficult life situations free of charge and confidentially.
"Social is ... what helps people". Our tasks are correspondingly broad.
We are here for you, if you
- feel disoriented and overwhelmed,
- need individual advice to solve complex problems
- have got into a difficult financial situation through no fault of your own
- want to actively tackle your problems.
- listen to you attentively,
- focus on you and your personal situation,
- search for individual solutions together with you and show you options for action,
- provide you with contacts to other counselling services, responsible offices or support services,
- adhere to our duty of confidentiality.
These are our consulting priorities:
- General social counselling; guidance
- Degree loans
- Short-term loans
- Financial aid for disabled and/or chronically ill students
- Book Aid
- Health Promotion
- Individual help for particularly needy students
Here, you can also receive
- the International Student Identification Card (ISIC) and
- certifications of credentials, signatures, etc.