HOPES (Hilfe und Orientierung für psychisch erkrankte Studierende) is help and orientation for students with psychological disorders *.
HOPES is offered in German only!
This semester-accompanying group offer is aimed at students who need practical, study-related help to master their studies after a severe psychological crisis (possibly combined with inpatient or semi-inpatient treatment). The group should be a supplement, not an alternative to a psychotherapeutic or psychiatric treatment.
The group meets
- once a week
- on Wednesdays
- for 90 minutes
- from 2 pm – 3.30 pm
and is conducted by two psychologists and consists of a maximum of 10 students.
The course of a group session is based on the following pattern:
- Feedback sessions at the beginning of the group session (discussing individual weekly goals, successes and implementation difficulties)
- If applicable, information on relevant topics
- Group discussions
Possible group topics are:
- Realistic assessment of one's own performance
- Helpful learning and working techniques
- Coping with work difficulties and examination fears
- Development of motivational strategies
- Building stress management strategies
- Activation of individual resources
For an appointment for a preliminary interview, please contact Dr. Winkelbach by phone or e-mail via the contact form.
The name was given with the approval of the University of Hamburg, where such a group has already been successfully implemented for many years.
HOPES was honoured in the Ideas Competition for Students 2012: "Diversity? Promoting Diversity!" supported by IDEAS MANAGEMENT STUDIES AND TEACHING.
Joint federal-state program for better study conditions and more teaching quality. This project is funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research under grant number 01PL11061. The responsibility for the content of this publication lies with the author.